Friday, February 20, 2015

Five for Friday - Five Alternatives to Soda

In August of 2013 I wrote a blog post about how and why I cut back on soda.  You can find that here.  I did have a few sodas after that, but it's now been almost one year since I've had any.  The strategies I used then are still relevant today.  Here my five favorite alternatives to soda in no specific order:

1.  Homemade Smoothies - While certainly not calorie-free, homemade smoothies are healthy and filling.  They also satisfy my sweet tooth.  Click here for one recipe.

2.  Homemade Lemonade - Add two teaspoons of sugar and fresh lemon juice to ice cold water and you have lemonade. 

3.  Homemade Unsweetened Iced Tea - Brew your own pitcher of tea.  I used to love sweet tea almost as much as soda.  I can no longer stand the taste of sweet tea!

4.  Filtered and Flavored Tap Water - Lemon and limes are my favorite!  For a refreshing taste I also enjoy cucumber slices in my water.

5.  Ice Cold Plain Filtered Tap Water - This is actually my favorite substitute for soda.

What are your strategies for cutting back on soda?  Do you have a favorite substitute?



No comments:

Post a Comment