*Choose organic whenever possible.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
1 vanilla bean
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast (heat in oven) pecans for 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat the melted butter with the maple syrup.
4. Scrape out vanilla bean. Beat in the eggs and vanilla bean.
5. On low speed, mix in the flour and salt until just blended. Do not over-mix.
6. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
7. Transfer the batter to 9-inch square pan. (I use stoneware.)
8. Bake for 40 minutes, until top is lightly golden and a fork inserted into middle until it comes out relatively clean. (Ignore melted chocolate.)