I am a creature of habit. I do my best when I'm in a routine. However, sometimes a change of pace is refreshing. Occasionally, they lead to new routines. Here are some of the things I did differently today.
1. While I was waiting for my food to reheat, instead of getting on the computer I called a company to have my name taken off a mailing list. I also called my mom.
2. To return an item, instead of driving, I walked to and from the grocery store.
3. On the way back, instead of just passing by the fountain in the shopping center courtyard, I sat and enjoyed it for a few minutes.
4. Instead of buying a Father's Day card, I made one.
5. Instead of trying to read the community newsletter while watching television, I focused only on reading the newsletter.
Have you changed your routine in any way lately? How did it go? Please share!