Five Positive Things Have Been Happening in Baltimore This Week
1. Today there are only two places listed on the website I looked at for closings and delays. This is a huge improvement from Tuesday!
2. When school was closed on Tuesday due to the rioting that took place Monday night, some students voluntarily used their time to clean up the streets. THIS is the future of our youth. Many adults voluntarily helped as well.
3. Although for the first time in Major League Baseball history a game was played in a stadium full of empty seats, The Baltimore Orioles managed to pull off an 8-2 win yesterday! Fans showed their support in various ways. Some stood at the gates of the stadium, some rented hotel rooms that overlook the stadium and watched from there, and some watched from the balconies of their apartments. Many others "checked in" at the stadium on their smartphones. They were there even if they couldn't be there!
4. Children are taking care of the police officers, making sure they stay well hydrated. THIS is the future of our youth!
5. Music is being used to bring people together. ONE THOUSAND people showed up for an outdoor concert on Wednesday!
What are some positive things that happened in your neck of the woods? Please share below!