Friday, May 29, 2015

Five for Friday - Five Small Changes Resulting in One Significant Improvement

I am always looking for ways to improve my blood sugar, and overall health in general.  Recently, I've made some seemingly small lifestyle changes that, according to my home checks, have improved my blood sugar.  Here are five of those changes:

1.  I've started taking daily walks.  Usually I walk for about 20 minutes a day, sometimes more.  
2.  I've cut down on, but not eliminated dairy from my diet.  The only dairy I continue to consume on a regular basis is whole fat organic pasture-based Greek yogurt.
3.  I've cut down on, but not eliminated flour products from my diet.  It recently occurred to me that I may be addicted to products made with flour.  After reading about the suggestion to give up flour I decided to give it a try.  While I still do eat it once in a blue moon, I have cut down significantly.
4.  I've been decluttering.  Less stuff means less stress.  Less stress means better overall health.
5.  I've increased the size of the weights I lift from 2.5 pounds to 5 pounds.  

According to my home glucose monitor, my average blood sugar for the month is normal.  Time will tell if it is consistent with the official test I will get next month!  Either way, it is clear that there has been some improvement.  Best of all, I've developed a lifestyle that I can maintain.  

What are some changes you've made that have resulted in better health?

No comments:

Post a Comment