Thursday, April 09, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Restaurant Staff Who Offer Healthy Alternatives

I'm grateful for the waiter and chef who answered my questions and fulfilled my requests in an attempt to make my dinner out a little healthier:

1. I asked if the salmon was farm-raised or wild-caught. I asked once before over the phone and they said it was wild-caught, but I asked again in person just to make sure. The waiter wasn't sure, so he asked. It was wild-caught, so I ordered it.

2. One of the menu items was a side of sauteed spinach. I requested to have it steamed instead. That was the first time I had requested such a change and they easily accommodated. From now on I'll always make this request. Even if the chef at any given restaurant won't do it at that time, it might give them something to think about for the future.

3. As always, I asked for the pasta on the side so it wasn't swimming in the sauce. I don't like a lot of sauce, so this way I could just take how much I wanted and mix that portion with my pasta. The pasta was the most unhealthy part of my meal, and I didn't even eat all of it. I brought the rest home. I think I did pretty well eating as healthy as I could, but next time I may ask for the same dish without the pasta.


Have you had any experiences like this where you asked for something that wasn't on the menu and they accommodated?  Please share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment