Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday's Tip - To Inspire Creativity, Set Limits

So often we're encouraged not to limit ourselves.  For a long time I was a firm believer in going beyond our perceived limits, and to some extent I still am.  I believe anything is possible if we allow it to be.  However, I  have come to realize that setting limits can inspire creativity.

I have lived with limits all my life.  We all do in one way or another.  I believe my limits have helped me grow.  I was born with spina bifida, and as a result I walk with crutches.  I have been doing yoga for three years.  My limits have helped me discover new ways of doing some of the traditional yoga poses and this is very rewarding to me.

Setting limits also inspires my creativity when it comes to beading.  When I start making new pieces I first decide which colors I want to use.  Usually it's based on the time of year.  I set out only those beads so I'm not overwhelmed by the others. 

I have a container where I put beads that only have a few of their kind left - not enough to make a complete piece.  I recently decided to work with only those beads for a few days.  Here are some of the medical bracelet attachments I made using only those beads:




How does setting limits inspire creativity for you?  Share your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment