Saturday, February 01, 2014

100 Happy Days - Day 13

We were driving home from the store and I noticed these birds in a tree (pictured here). I love birds, so that was enough to make me happy. But then I looked down at the road in front of us where we were stopped at a light. There was a helpless hawk, clearly ill, just sitting there. The woman in front of us got out of her car, took her coat off, and gently wrapped it around the hawk. The hawk fought back a little, but it was obviously too weak to do anything much. The woman picked it up with her coat wrapped around it and carried it to her car. I imagine she was off to find some help for the hawk. I don't know how the story will end, but I do know that hawk was loved by a perfect stranger. When I look at this picture I'll always remember that moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment