Saturday, January 26, 2013

Veggie Tuna Salad

I recently began tracking all of the food I eat in an effort to lose a few more pounds.  I have been trying to lose those few pounds for a while now and nothing seemed to be working.  The one thing I started doing a while ago, but stopped, was writing down everything I eat everyday.  These past few days I have been very strict about documenting everything again and so far it seems to be working.  While I have not seen evidence on the scale yet, I am much more mindful about my food choices.  I am eating less, but because I'm making healthy choices I still feel satisfied.  I've been turning down extra calories that I simply don't need.  Having a daily goal each day helps.  Right now I am focusing on counting calories since everything else is on the right track.  Of course, I can stand for some improvement in other areas, but I believe by eating this way and tracking everything it will all fall into place. 

A friend told me about this Veggie Tuna Salad recipe and I made my version of it.  Salads do not usually fill me up, but I decided to give this one a try.  I figured with the tuna I would have protein and if I added enough veggies that should do the trick.  The basic concept is to add a 3 oz. can of tuna (packed in water, not oil), salt and pepper to taste and lots and lots of veggies.

INGREDIENTS:
3 oz. can of tuna in water drained
1 cup raw baby spinach
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
10 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/4 cup broccoli
1 yellow bell pepper
10 black olives
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1.Mix everything together in a mixing bowl.
2.Transfer to a dish and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours, then indulge!

Eating healthy can be fun!  This salad allows you to be creative because you can add whichever veggies and seasonings you like.  I made this salad the morning I had a doctor's appointment.  It was so nice to come home and have a healthy lunch waiting for me.  Besides that, it looked so pretty and I considered it a personal and delicious work of art!

 


2 comments:

  1. Looks Great Meezan! You know I am big on changing recipes so as I take a few things out and put a few things in (still healthy) I hope mine will be as good as yours looks Wonderful in the photos! Enjoy the Healthy Eating :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scott. I'm fairly certain your version will be even better. If you decide to make it I'd be curious to know how you changed it. :)

      Delete