Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The Clasp that Brought Closure and a New Beginning

Recently I was going through the bead collection that was given to me by Stephanie's parents after she passed away.  I came across a set of beads that were very appealing to me.  I started to pull them out and I realized they had already been strung.  By the time I took the entire strand of beads out I realized that not only were the beads strung, the clasp was ready to be secured.  It became clear to me that this was a project Stephanie started and now it was my job to finish it.

The clasp she used was among a set we bought at one of the many bead shows we attended together.  I have a stash of those clasps too, but I had never ventured into using them.  They were different and I wasn't quite sure how to secure them.  Stephanie was telling me it was time to learn.

I completed the project, then wondered what to do with this beautiful creation.  I knew this necklace wasn't meant for me to keep.  It's Redskins colors and Stephanie knew I was a Ravens fan first and foremost.  I decided to give it to her mom for Christmas.  She loves the necklace and was touched by the story behind it.


I made earrings for myself
from the same set of beads.
So closure has been brought to the necklace along with a new beginning for me.  I wholeheartedly believe this was Stephanie's way of telling me to venture into new things, like learning how to secure those kinds of clasps.  I hear you, Stephanie.  I'll keep this in mind in this new year and I know you'll be with me every step of the way. 

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you found this after so much time and at the start of a new year! I also think it is touching of you to give it to her mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James...I didn't even make the connection to the time of year. I found it in December of last year and posted this blog in January of this year. Closure to one year and the beginning of another. How perfect. :)

      Delete