Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stringing Beads


Welcome to Stringtown!  I'm so glad you stopped by!  The Emerson quote above is the essence of Stringtown. Each experience colors our world in a different way causing us to feel a rainbow of emotions throughout life. One pivotal moment in my life happened two years ago today with the passing of my best friend. We were friends since childhood and never lost touch even beyond the day she left this world.

Stephanie and me with her childhood dog, Dutchess.
Thank you to Stephanie's parents for providing this picture.

Stephanie sparked my passion for beading and she continues to inspire me everyday. Five years ago my brother was planning his wedding and I was looking for a unique shower gift for my soon-to-be sister in law. I remembered that Stephanie had some jewelry-making tools and beads. What is more unique than a handmade gift? Thus began my love of beading. It was an interest Stephanie and I shared.

Beads!

Beads!

And more beads!

Stephanie and I drove on Stringtown Road many times as we embarked on countless shopping adventures, many of which included the hunt for beads. The name Stringtown fits well with the main technique I use in my beading, which is stringing. Last July 25th I opened StringtownBeads in Stephanie's memory. I am making it my annual goal to "bring something to life" every year on that date in her memory. This year I have chosen to begin this blog and dedicate it to my Best Friend Forever, Stephanie.


In memory of Stephanie...

I invite you to join me on this train of moods as we string the beads of life together!

19 comments:

  1. Great start to your Blog :) Nice Tribute to Stephanie. What a wonderful way to add to the remembrance of such a dear friend. I look forward to watching you blog continue as I have watched your bead and maile work grow as well as our friendship. Big Hugs to you my friend :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome way to honor your friendship with Stephanie. Your blog is off to a good start and look forward to many more interesting posts. Keep up the good work Meezan

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very warm and loving blog entry. My heart is with you today. And I would be gratefull to share beads of life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Meezan, this is truly a beautiful tribute and a wonderful start to your blog. Thank you for sharing your string of beads:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome blog Meezan! I am moved by how you use Stephanie's passing as inspiration. I am really proud of what you have accomplished here and look forward to reading your posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meezan, you have a created a very classy blog and a very loving tribute to your friend, Stephanie! I look forward to your future additions! Kudos to your string of beads blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful tribute, Meezan! I really like the picture of you two cuties together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet to have such a good friend and so unsweet to have to lose them in this way, or any way, for that matter! Its just that this way, you have to wait until you pass on too, to catch up with each other. Hugs, Meezan! Memories need to be sweet and I can see yours are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tribute! Best friends since childhood is a very special thing and this is such a nice way to honor her memory. What friend wouldn't be humbled by the dedication and proud of you at the same time!

    I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Meezan. I am sure that Stephanie is smiling at this...and your growing collection of beads! I suspect it is added to frequently?

    The spark in her eyes tells the story...she was a live wire, I am thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris! I try to limit when I buy beads. Usually it is three times a year at the local bead expo. If I have a bead emergency (lol) then I hit the local store or order some online. Many of them were gifts also. I was given Stephanie's bead collection when she died. Yes, Stephanie was full of life! :)

      Delete
  11. I am feeling deep empathy for your cherishing Stephanie so lovingly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your blog. I really hope that you keep posting on a regular basis. I think it's safe to say that Stephanie would be very touched by this tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed reading your posts. I hope the best for you and lots more writing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, everyone! I appreciate all of your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You write beautifully & I am glad that you are going to keep up with your blog. As for the stones, the smoky bands remind me of Jupiter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am taking the advice of the King in "Alice in Wonderland" to "Begin at the beginning..." I will enjoy watching you grow as your blog ebbs and flows. Beginning this blog to honor Stephanie is so meaningful.♥

    ReplyDelete